Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Snow Bird

I got second place in the ABB photo contest, thank you if you helped, I got a gift card for Amazon. Certainly can't complain.

In other news, I am speaking to the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) student chapter at MSOE in January. I need to come up with an exciting way to talk to them....

Yet other news, I got to try Google Glass!!!! My friend is one of the beta testers and let me wear them for a while this past weekend. I had soooo much fun and got so much attention from them that he responded to Googles' request for more recommended testers saying that I should definitely be someone they ask to test them. The little time I got to wear them has me itching for more.

We had our first "snow storm" of the year up here in the frozen tundra. A good 4-6" of white fluff just in time for the holidays. Sub-freezing temps also suggest a NOT SO WARM welcome to winter. To be expect here in Milwaukee.....

The weather has me more than eager to hop a plane this Thursday for Miami! My boyfriend has a work event to which his twin brother and I will be accompanying him to enjoy the heat. We have a charter booked to go Marlin and Shark fishing!!! How awesome?! I am assuming it will out weigh the Salmon fishing we did in Lake Michigan this summer, although still an exciting experience. However, I will likely fall into deep depression upon returning to the crisp Wisconsin air as the pilot announces the 10 degree temperature on our way home. Snow birds don't come back until Spring I thought!

In work news, all is well. It continues to be exciting, whatever that means. A trip to Memphis needs to happen before the end of January so that I can visit our sister factories and understand business as I know it a little better. I also pushed off some leadership training that will need to be done sooner than later. And as my year-end review approaches, it is time to set new goals and higher standards for 2014! It has been an exciting first year in the real world, I hope the 2nd is just as good.

As Christmas nears, I have found myself listening to Christmas music more this year than ever before. It is beyond happy to listen to and puts me in a great mood. I hope to get to an orchestra or symphony before the season is over.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men!
Luke 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment