Sunday, November 3, 2013

To you!

Hello fans, friends, family...

2013 has been yet another huge year of growing for Berea Janzen. I'll save my actual year recap for our annual December Christmas letter, but I have some updates I'm dying to share with you now.

First of all, I'm learning SO much being out of school.  It's been quite an adjustment getting used to paying about $1,500/month for my education but I really don't want this to be a post of my adult financial drama.

My boyfriend is a 24 yr old successful entrepreneur which provides me a completely different look on many life topics since my views are fueled by corporate America. There is certainly a constant battle of which is better, however we both feel strongly about our careers which is a very positive thing. I got asked for the first time why I am not an entrepreneur and although I have never thought about it, I had a very good answer. Most importantly, I like my job. I have job security (including financial security). I am not good at selling my sole (no offense). Long story short, it is not my thing.

Changing subjects, I got the flu last week. First time I have been that sick in years. I don't remember having the flu during college. The worst thing was getting my wisdom teeth removed. Anyways, I missed a day and a half of work, which was the worst part. It hit me right before a vacation I had been planning for weeks, so the start of vacation was rough, but now, as I sit in an Austin Texas hotel, hours before returning to Milwaukee, I feel pretty good.

So, Austin Texas....This is my 4th day here which is a pretty good amount of time to learn the basics of a new town. I experienced 6th Street on Halloween, had my share of Texas BBQ, enjoyed some live music, got too used to Southern hospitality, slow accents, and cowboy boots. Not to mention gorgeous 70 degree weather to start November. !!!!! Overall, Austin is a very enjoyable city.

Hope you enjoyed the update!

"For we walk by faith, not by sight"
2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment