Friday, September 20, 2013

A Good Friday

I decided this morning I like Starbucks better than Alterra/Colectivo. The staff at my local Starbucks knows me by name and by my drink-of-choice. I would ask for their number so I could text them each morning that I was on my way, but I like the 2 minute conversations we have each morning while I'm waiting for my latte milk to froth. This morning we discussed the ios7 update, duh. It's also nice having barista friends because I think they feel bad about all the money I spend on coffee so I occasionally get a drink on the house otherwise I love the gold card program Starbucks has. Also, I think every store on this planet should accept iphone payments like Starbucks. It's SO EFFICIENT and convenient.

Today was a good day at work too. I made a huge breakthrough that is going to save us SOOOO MUCH time and money!! It was simply an idea that came to me. It is  pleasant when things like that happen because so much of your time at work is spent doing repetitive tasks, relatively speaking, that creative thinking sometimes goes out the door and you loose track of the big picture. I think I impressed my boss.

Happy with my accomplishment and ability to teach the appropriate people the new process, I took a break from my desk to "hang out" on the production floor. I've been spending a lot of time at my desk and decided I needed to go touch base with the assemblers. I walked around the floor and had some good conversations with different people. I would not say it was a waste of time whatsoever because most of the discussions were work related and I think having those relations are reallllllly important.

With over 300 people working in my building, I definitely don't know everyone and I met someone new today. While down on the floor, I got into a discussion with a guy from a different division. It didn't take long for us to figure out that we are both Industrial Engineers. Is it sad to think that two people doing the same job in the same building for the same company (different divisions) had not been introduced after at least a year of working in the same place?! We didn't talk long but at least there is a bridge now.

In other news, I'm going to St. Louis next month for my boyfriends' step sisters' wedding. That's exciting because I used to live there and have only driven through in the past 18 years...This year I have already spent the night in 6 states (driving through doesn't count). Let's see how many more I can add to that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment