Thursday, July 25, 2013

2 Inches

I wore heels for the first time to my job today.

I say this as if it is something really important and for the majority of professional women, they would laugh I even mentioned something they've been doing for years. HOWEVER, as a female engineer, the door has just not been open for me to do so. I love dressing up and wearing nice clothes-dresses/skirts- and taking time to get ready and, of course wearing heels, but in an environment where safety is #1; heels pose a trip hazard, necklaces could get caught and strangle you, wearing a skirt exposes your legs to potential danger so it really limits my natural fashion sense to khakis, loafers/steel toes, a nice blouse. Period.

I bought a pair of 2 inch, wedge, ankle boots yesterday which I think are appropriate. They are mostly covered by my pants anyways, so no one even mentioned anything. It's amazing how much more confident 2 inches provides. I think I will wear them more.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Busy next TWO weekends ahead of me. This weekend I have a lot planned socially with the usual group of friends from birthday parties to bowling to private restaurant openings......Not to mention my parents come home Sunday which will place me in Chicago Sunday at O'Hare. I love plans, I love excitement, I love my friends, I love weekends.

In 2 weekends, I am going to Baltimore. That is my birthday weekend. Long story short, I have some connections and look forward to spending another birthday in another state. =) Can't wait.

Work is going very well. I am very proud of my company. I can't wait for the future!

God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment