Friday, April 26, 2013

Thanksgiving in April

I find holidays kind of funny because they are one day a year allocated to a certain occasion. In my opinion, every day should be a celebration and remembrance of all important things. Today you get to hear about mine. 

Consider this Berea Janzen's 2013 Q1 (first quarter) report or my April Christmas letter?

I started off my year spending very little of my free time in the city I live, making trips to; Door County, Appleton, and Madison for various reasons. My ex-boyfriend and I ended our relationship towards the end of 2012 so I did what I could to keep my mind and body busy. You could have probably guessed my life was not normal from the ZERO posts I had in February. Work became more hectic after the first of the year doing a lot to "start fresh" and stay on our feet after a huge change that came with buying another company. I bought a new car in February after my old cars' drive shaft broke in the middle of an intersection. I now get to ooo and awww at my 2011 Metallic Slate Nissan Altima S Coupe that I drive way too proudly. March was the first month I made payments to all my bills; from my newly acquired car, student loans, insurance, 401K, phone, apartment rent, utilities, and a few others I am surely missing. I also traveled to Iowa to visit my brother, a small town "up north" to a cabin getaway with some friends, and Easter with my family in Sheboygan and the Dells. By early March I was very much ready for summer (who am I kidding, I'm always ready for summer) however, we have yet to even see a resemblance of warm weather. April started off interesting as I attended a Prom-themed 30th birthday for a friend in Appleton. The cold weather here in Wisconsin had me itching for the sun to see my skin, so I planned a trip to Arizona with my friend to visit a colleague. I thoroughly enjoyed the 80 degree weather and was not fond of returning to a state full of snow and gloomy weather. Fortunately, I love my job so leaving Wisconsin for good is not an option right now. Here it is, the last weekend of April and my life is starting to resemble normalcy. So far I've only spent about 40% of my weekends this year in Milwaukee which is somewhat unfortunate since I do enjoy the city. I find that okay and justifiable since this August will mark 5 years of me living in Milwaukee. I do not have any big plans for this summer yet, which I had better start working on. I am currently reading "The Know-It All" in an attempt to keep my New Years Resolution to read more. I read more in January than since middle school, so I think I already accomplished that goal. I have two paintings that I want to finish so hopefully staring at the unfinished canvas' every night will eventually give me motivation to work on them. In other news, I am editing my brothers new book he wrote. It is far from publishable yet, however, I am working to make it a much easier read and I can already say it is going to be FANTASTIC when finished. I will also mention I have a new beau I may tell you more about at some point. :)

So I am pretty thankful #1 that I can travel. Being able to drive an hour or two or three for a weekend of fun adventures is 200% worth it. I love not being confined to limitations. I realize these weekend trips are hardly exotic but it is like a breath of fresh air. #2 I am beyond thankful for my job. Once you all have the opportunity to read my brothers new book, it will sink in how blessed I am! I am 3rd thankful for my friends who stick with me through every single one of my tens of thousands of emotions. And I credit my parents, as always, for raising me to know that all of these things are blessings from God. I have yet to figure out what makes ME deserving of any of them. 

"Your power is great, and your glory is seen everywhere in heaven and on earth. You rule with strength and power. You make people rich and powerful and famous. We thank and praise you."
1 Chronicles 29: 11-13





No comments:

Post a Comment