Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness

One of three famous rights in the Declaration of Independence, a good song by Kid Cudi, a great movie done by Will Smith, a phrase I can't stop thinking about.

Happiness comes from within. YOU need to learn what your happiness's are and GO WITH THEM. My goal is happiness. I like having an intangible life goal, there's always room for improvement yet it's possible to find what makes you happy on a daily basis.

Life isn't peaches and cream but I fully believe it is what you make of it. You can sit at work and say you're bored and unhappy or be at out and about and tell your friends you want to leave because someone is there that you had a feud with 5 years ago. OR, you can embrace the situations and make yourself happy.


Everyone needs a happy place. Whether that is an actual location or a state of mind. A happy place escapes the dreadful reality of chaos. If only for a second it gives you peace and comfort. I have a few happy places. I'll never forget the feeling of being atop a mountain in the Rockies. I've had this experience a few times. It's literally the happiest in a single location I've ever been. Seeing God's beauty. Being so far away from materialistic society. The scenery is unimaginable unless you've been there. The mountains rolling as far as your eye can see. The hard work to get to that spot. It's truly amazing and makes me soooo happy. 
Another happy place includes good music with a strong beat and meaningful lyrics. Listening to good music distances you from the noise of life. It puts a beat to your feelings. It's said in a way that you can't express. 
Happy places relax my anxiety, if only for a short time, it's still meaningful. 


So find your happy place, happy smell, happy thought, or whatever. The more you smile, the longer you'll live. 


My next challenge for you is to make someone else smile. It'll mean a lot. 


Ecclesiastes 3:12
I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.


No comments:

Post a Comment