Thursday, May 31, 2012

No Title

I wish I had more answers.

I hate not being able to answer questions. I hate feeling awkward in a conversation I don't know much about. Thankfully, my smartphone has dramatically helped improve my up-to-date knowledge. I rely on the thing for just about everything. However, I think the most valuable information is the stuff that isn't as simple to find as a google search. That's why I'm over my head in debt from a private school hopefully teaching me more than anything you could find on the internet.

There's not a single day that I go to work and don't think to myself "I love my job". Other people I work with don't like it as much and try to find ways out, but I'm happy. I love responsibility, familiarity, and continuous improvement. I love being able to accomplish so much in 8 simple hours. I'm learning so much, it feels great. This could be a blog post in itself..I'll stop so that you don't vomit over my joy.

Back to the whole knowledge/information topic. I like sharing knowledge I have. But if you think for a second I'm going to post it all over the internet, well probably not. It would just become another searched topic with no credibility. So ask me sometime why batching is better than single piece flow, or how to set up your office so you can say you're as "ergonomically friendly" as possible, or how to calculate the material amounts for a kanban system. Guaranteed I could give you better answers than the internet.

I had my best semester (grade wise) ever at MSOE this past term. It's crazy. It took me 4 years to figure college out. Better late than never. I didn't have an easy semester. I had tough classes. So what does it boil down to? The most significant change this semester was going back to my internship. Working part-time in the mornings must have really had something to do with it. Whatever the case, I like the trend. I'm graduating in 169 days. Yes, I'm counting every day. I can't believe how far I've made it. My college graduation will be the biggest accomplishment of my life. It's been hard. It's been SO hard. I've really been able to prove determination to myself. You should look forward to reading my graduation post. I think it'll be a good one.

So, I encourage you to share knowledge with me. I love learning. (Crazy huh?)

xoxo

Stay posted




No comments:

Post a Comment