Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's All in Your Head

I believe 110% that actions and feelings are all in your head. (At least for me) Famously, I'll ask, what does that mean? The second I tell myself something, my mind believes it and exploits that thought. If for a second I feel a stomach pain and tell myself I don't feel good, I make the decision to go with it or get over it. From that point, it's all in my head. I think that train of thought confuses me when I'm actually injured. I've broken numerous bones and had several injuries yet every time it comes down to differentiating actual pain from thoughts.
Am I confusing you yet?
What else is "all in my head"? I often assume things that people think about me. Hence my self consciousness. If I see someone look at my forehead I start thinking they noticed my large forehead.
My insecurities are my biggest flaw. I wish I could not care what people think for a second. It's all in my head for making myself think I'm not pretty, skinny, smart enough for whoever I'm trying to impress. Usually just myself.
I wonder sometimes how my thoughts became me. Why do I think how do instead of how I want. Why am I the person I am and not always the person I want to be? Why do people say things they don't mean? Is there really truth to every lie?

I need to go to church more. Then I'd find answers.

1 comment:

  1. You shouldnt care about what people think about you. Make yourself happy and distance yourself from negative people. People only point out others flaws because they can't handle living with their own. You are beautiful and don't let anyone make you think different. And that stomach pain you sometimes feel, maybe that means you have to poop. SMILE. :)

    ReplyDelete