Saturday, February 25, 2012

Learn This

When I figure it out I'll be a millionaire, but until then, I just don't agree with american education. Tests are LIES and I completely disagree with the method of testing. Testing as in paper and pencil and no resources and time constrained. My memory is fairly bad for a 21 year old and compared to many of my classmates, but that does not make me dumb or any less smart than my classmates. Because of having bad short term memory, I have learned to use my resources, each and every one. It has made me very organized. I write down a lot of stuff and am very clean. Anyways, back to tests. Having a time constrained test is very nerve racking for me. My mind focuses on the time and less on the material at hand. I hate the feeling on a test when I'm missing a piece of information that I could find in one second if I just had my notes or the book but the lack of remembering it means points being taken away. Tests are also hard for me because I often feel like I'm trying to be tricked. Some professors don't mean to trick you and others purposely do. I do best on exams that require writing or speaking. I love writing papers. The trick is using the writing style the professor wants, but most of the time it's easy for me to explain myself and I usually don't have a problem making papers long enough. It could be that I've been writing for 15 years, in fact I know it is.
I was also never taught how to study at a young age. Some people have the talent but many do not.
My point is, I'm sure there are other people out there, like me, suffering because of the education system. Smart people whose talent is being drained because of the education system while others have it easy.
My high motivation is what has gotten me this far. Being told I can't and shouldn't do something is my motivation to do it. (School wise, not legal wise.)
So my advice to others that struggle through the dumb American education system, stick in there. If you want it, go get it. If all else fails turn on the song Tubthumping by Chumbawumba.

"For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth comes knowledge and understanding"
Proverbs 2:6

No comments:

Post a Comment