Sunday, February 19, 2012

Amurrrica

This past weekend driving through miles of country terrain really got me thinking. I'm relatively young yet have lived in a number of very different locations. Everywhere from downtown St.Louis to a tiny town of 1,200 people in Oklahoma to downtown Milwaukee and places in between. Needless to say, I've lived in the country and I've lived in the city yet still asked myself this weekend which I prefer?
I've lived in Milwaukee for the past 4 years of my life. Every store a girl needs (wants) within close driving range (10 miles max). I've taken the bus with bums and been within blocks of violence. I am ever so used to cars, fire engines, police sirens, and yelling people outside my bedroom window. It puts me to sleep. Yet NOTHING beats seeing the stars on a clear night when you're in the country. Nothing beats the smell of a cow farm.
I am used to getting dressed up in dresses and 5" heels every weekend to go out and fit in with the other city girls. I drive like a Milwaukee resident. I know the roads to take during rush hour to avoid as much traffic as possible. I could tell you the top 5 restaurants of any style food I would recommend. I haven't used my GPS in months because I know how to get everywhere in Milwaukee, and I honestly rarely leave the city. Except this weekend.
Okay growing up in the country. Wearing torn up jeans to dinner on the weekend = totally acceptable. Following the speed limit is 10x easier because there's a less sense of rush. I drove a combine before I could drive a car.
I said this weekend that if I'm ever rich I want a house in the city and the country. But still don't know which I would like more. We'll just have to wait and see.

It's just extremely nice to get away from what you're used to and take a second to just think. Or not think.

This week is my 2nd semesters finals week. I have 2 exams and the biggest presentation of my undergrad career this week. (Woa that feels weird to say.) After this week I will have 9 classes left in college and will be graduating this November. My senioritis is as worse as ever I can't imagine what it will be like in the fall.

As always, keep me in your thoughts and prayers :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment