Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Success for Berea

This weather and school end coming to a near has me thinking about what I ultimately want. Along with my brother talking about "making it". So how do I define success? What do I want/wish for? What's my dream?

I think it's good to aim high. Know what your dreams are. These dreams might change in the next 40 years so it's not something that will disappoint me in the next year.

First of all, I think happiness is the root of success. Being happy is key. Bad news; money is evil.

Success to me wouldn't come until I could share it with my family. I want to spoil my parents and give them things they've never had. I would want my brother to be happy. (Realistically he will probably reach this point before me.)

I want my pilots license. Bad news; it's expensive and it's time consuming. I've known numerous acquaintances who have begun pilot's training/schooling and not been able to finish for various reasons. I hate failing and giving up so I probably won't attempt it until I have money and time. You can laugh a little because those are both sought after quite a bit, but for the sake of me dreaming, it's my dream.

I want the best of both worlds. I want to live in a warm climate and maybe play in the snow once a year. Hence, I would want more than one house that I could vacate to whenever.

I want a nice car. This isn't at the top of my list, but I like cars. If it gets you from point A to point B, that's all you really need a car for, the rest is extra. Okay, I want a European stock Nissan GTR. I can only wait to see what will be around if I ever have enough money to buy one.

I want to travel. I wish I could safely see and experience every nook of this world. Traveling costs money. You can travel cheaply, etc etc, but the places I want to go and things I want to do wouldn't be very cheap. I am extremely interested in different cultures. I LOVE learning about people and things that are so different than myself. Our lives are so routine sometimes we don't realize there are ways of life so different than our own. I want to know things that are common sense to other people and cultures that I don't know. It fascinates me and I love when people talk to me about it.

I could go on about things I want. I could get super detailed, but I'll keep it to that list. Those things might change by next week, month, or year, but I will have had to have "made it" to have those.

On to my studying....

(One of my favorite bible verses-->)

Matthew 19:26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

1 comment:

  1. Is it creepy I read about you when you're steps from me? Once you get your pilots license lets go to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete