Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Food, Family, Fun

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

I'm thankful for you taking time to read my blog! :) I hope everyone is thankful for the loved ones in their lives. I'm so thankful for so many things I can't begin typing...

I'm in Minnesota for the weekend visiting the extended family. I love my family, and I don't see them often enough with mine and their busy lifestyles. It's always weird coming to a house you've been going to since you were a kid. It kind of brings me back to my childhood, good and bad. I never grew up in one particular house or town so I don't have that feeling often. I'm a grown woman now. Yeah, I still have lots of growing to do, but I can hold adult conversations and don't play with toys. I sit at the adult table now and am legal to have adult beverages, although I'm still seen as a child.

I had a long ride today with my parents, brother, and cousin. It was unique because I don't live or see them very often so of course conversation was unusual in a way. We were all in a single van, without the distraction of a TV or 3G or 10 people in a room talking. It made the 6 hour ride a little less painful.

Tomorrow I will indulge in more than necessary food. Copious amounts of food make me feel gross. I'm terrified of being overweight. I look down and feel my chin bulge and I'm scared I'm getting big....that's me.

So, Happy Thanksgiving again! Remember what it's all about and give thanks. :)

"Give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good, and his mercy endures forever." Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment