Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bittersweet

I'm a total optimist. I go through challenges and life looking towards the good. Believing happiness is key to a successful life. My smile gets me through road blocks. My faith and morals allow me to get to that happy place. I'm not oblivious to the negatives or think that life is filled with rose pedals, because nothing is perfect, I accepted that YEARS ago.

I thrive on being needed. As simple as my cat following me around the house or someone needing information I know. I love attention and learned that in high school. Being on the dance team was the best experience ever. Being on a team of about 15 girls and having hundreds of people watch you is the kind of adrenaline I love. I'm going skydiving in a couple weekends which proves my want for adrenaline. I love that such simple things satisfy my wants. I don't need drugs and alcohol to give me a good time. I need people and experiences.

I organize. I love organization. I would love to organize all the time. I like having places for everything and labels. I like simplifying things so that people understand and making life easier.

I'm not sure what inspired this blog or where I'm headed. Just talking, thinking.

I am a planner. I've been let down by many plans. I like to see things happen. If I want to do something, I'm overly determined to do it. My parents gave me the impression I could do anything I wanted when I was little, so it's hard to get defeated. To all of you who doubted me as an engineer I have about a year left of school and am loving it.

I like doing things many other people haven't. I was in the world trade center less than 3 months before 9/11, I helped the winter after Katrina in New Orleans with the devastation, I took 2 mission trips to Mexico that let me see poverty first hand, I've been in the Niagara Falls, I've camped above treeline, got altitude sickness, and climbed the tallest mountain in Colorado when I was 13. I've been lost in the NYC Bronx, and been in slot canyons. I was on an Indian reservation that had bald eagles in cages and been on the field where Gettysburg was fought. I've been in the crown of the Statue of Liberty and in a jail cell on Ellis Island (for touristic purposes). For the sake of being done talking about myself, I thank my parents for these opportunities.

I also enjoy helping people. Going on mission trips is fun. Getting my hands dirty and proving I can help is fun. Making cement, using a sledge hammer, mountain biking, you name it.

My point is, I don't want it to end. My internship this summer has been another series of events I'll talk about for years to come.

Thanks everyone!

Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord for he is good and his mercy endures forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment