Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 2011

Hello all,

My summer is yet again like any other I've had thus far in my life. My second full summer away from my parents house.
My childhood summers consisted of summer camps, outdoor activities, 2 week long family vacations, sun, and water. High school I had part time jobs but mostly enjoying the extended sunlight and company of my friends. Last summer was a release from being under my parents roof the first 18 years of my life. Probably the most exciting summer because I didn't have a full time job holding me back from making random road trips or sleeping in until noon then laying on the beach or playing volleyball every day. Oh and not having parents knowing when I was coming home. It sounds like I was lazy and immature but honestly, I'm glad I had at least one summer of that. I fear it might have been the last.
This summer is just as good in the exact opposite way possible. Working 40 hour weeks, not seeing sun. Relaxing when I get time. No vacations because I don't want to miss work. Hearing about my crazy friends adventures and not being there to share the story. It might sound like I'm depressed and of course I miss those things, but I'm honestly in a great place mentally. I feel like my work is useful and I don't get belittled. I obviously enjoy it as well. I work with awesome people at an awesome company. Enough said.

I had a good 4th of July weekend including a pool, the beach, 2 firework shows, my personal firework show, too much food, BBQ's, and close friends.

I would also like to say the ONE month countdown has begun to my birthday. Twenty-first. No big deal....28 days to be exact. Weird. Really weird.

I would also like to say this summer has aloud no time whatsoever for physical activity. The little energy I have is spent playing soccer 2 hours a week. So pathetic. I don't know how my brother does it and it makes me sick. My body makes me sick right now. No beach volleyball, no runs, no workouts. I don't have a bike. My roller blades need a new brake which seems impossible to find to replace. I've been complaining about my weight, but I don't do anything about it. It's hard when I have no energy and running after dark is just not an option in this city. I like sports because it's less like working out and more fun...

Well this short week has me quite motivated. Tomorrow's already Wednesday and tonight ended my first term summer class! :) Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment