Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hott Pluto

My brothers' most recent blog post; Space: The End of the Shuttle, intrigued me to write about Pluto, which I was oddly enough reading about today on my lunch break before I read my brothers' blog.

DWARF PLANET- Something in space that has 2 of the 3 characteristics of a planet.

Did you know there is an actual definition of what a planet is? There has to be since there are only 8 of them. Meaning that Pluto isn't the 9th. It's actually one of the few known dwarf planets. Can you fathom negative 200 degrees or more? Click here to read about Resolution 5a which outlines what a planet is, just for a background. Anyways, it's all a mystery and I love that it changes and we learn new things and that this suggests that there is room for finding things we don't currently know. On the other hand, it makes me extremely sad for wasting all of 20 minutes making that paper mache replica as the 9th planet in 5th grade....

Ok on to my apologies. I work 40 hours a week plus the 10 hours I spend driving to and from work a week. I go to class about 7 hours a week. I have homework and housework on top of that. I like to sleep 7-8 hrs a nights = 49-56 hrs a week. You'd say, well Berea you have 40 more hours for activities. HARDLY. I get tired. Don't be too shocked. My point is; I apologize for seeming to fall off the face of Milwaukee this summer. I almost feel like I'm letting people down by not being the normal Berea. Change is hard and I'm still adjusting too. Just bear with me. Hence why I never blog anymore.

BTW; two weeks today 'til my 21st. Last special birthday....:'(

Oh and by the way, I LOVE THIS WEATHER. I sit in my car after being in the sun 9 hours, the temperature well over 100, and smile. What makes me sad isn't the sweat that soon covers my back, or my hands grasping the overwhelmingly hot steering wheel, but the thought that in a few short weeks, I will once again have to get used to the cold and snow for months on end.

Muddle on that.

1 comment:

  1. it better not be a few short weeks til its cold damnit!

    ReplyDelete