Thursday, June 9, 2011

Outta Sight, Outta Mind

And out of breath.

I'm not a pro runner. I don't even run to compete. So I'm not ashamed to say I like running on a treadmill better than in mother nature which is what I did today. I am horrible at setting a pace which makes me start out at a sprint and get dead tired when I'm still a mile or more away from home. Running in the city you have to worry about stop lights and traffic and dumb drivers. And of course I'm out of shape and pushed myself past the point of running for the sake of a cardio workout. Back to the outside/inside thing though, I just find it a shame to run inside during summer...

BUT!, no matter where I run, it's my favorite form of thinking and relieving stress (and I don't do it often enough). Eight hours at work, I don't want to think about that (yet I do..), 2 hours of business law, I don't want to think about that, so I'm left thinking about my friends.....

My social life took a complete turn last week with the start of a 40 hour work week. Going from being in school 4-5 days a week with people my age and hanging out every night with people my age to maybe 2-3 nights of seeing friends. Being in school I could manage staying up 'til 2-3am because I didn't have class until 10 or so and had breaks between classes to relax and eat and whatnot. Now I'm "that person" that always has the excuse I have to be up at 6am for work and can't do anything. Berea Janzen, with an excuse to stay in. I'm not complaining, I'm adjusting. Granted not getting a text every 10 minutes is sad for me :-p I know rough life....

So this post is dedicated to my friends. Those who I fail to contact over long periods of time and those who forget me over periods of time. It all brings about the question; Is it being too busy that brings that gap or that they're unimportant and you forget them? It could be either but who wants to admit they forgot about you. I mean, I'd like to thing I leave an impression that people won't forget to talk to me, but I'll just tell myself to keep dreaming, haha. I often hear that about high school friends that lose contact in college. "I haven't talked to them for the past 4 years, I can obviously do without." I hear. Well, this is somewhat true, but why think like that? We all change.

Anyways, I was more thinking my close friends when I started this blog. My best friends that I don't hear from for days. We all have busy lives, but I hate the feeling of giving all my effort when you give none. I hate being so busy, that I just want time alone and can't hang out or call you. :(

This is my last weekend at the restaurant. I enjoyed my short stay, but am glad I will have my weekends back. At least a couple days to see friends I haven't forgot about ;)

Well, only 8 days left til I get a day off. Better than the 18 I started with....

No comments:

Post a Comment