Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lies

"At least it's nice out today" is what I hear from across the room.
My stomach drops, my heart cries, I'm speechless.
It's 50 degrees out. Sunny, I suppose. But what does the sun mean when it's still cold and windy?
People are still in their coats, me in my winter coat. I have flats on and my feet feel the cold wind.
I long for flips flops, shorts, skirts, dresses, and bikinis.
Driving with the windows down, tan lines, cooking out.
It's been 8 months since I've seen "NICE" weather in Wisconsin. Even if we say September had nice weather and May isn't over yet, Oct., Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb., March, April. So 7 months.
I would be okay with cold and snow November-February. That's it.

Finding an apartment is killing me. I have less than a month. It seems all the nice, cheap places I call say, sorry we have no openings. Crap.

I start my new job this weekend, but I haven't gotten my schedule. Interesting. I think it comes out Thursday; tomorrow. I think I'll e-mail my boss now actually.

SORRY TO BE A DOWNER! I have to express it somewhere, and here is the best place for me.
I'm not like this in person. Hopefully....

No comments:

Post a Comment