Sunday, May 29, 2011

Home is where the heart is

I neeeeed to invent an easier way to move. I've moved a lot in my lifetime. Especially since high school. Moving to college dorms, back home for the summer, back to the dorms, to an apartment, to a different apartment. Each time getting rid of unnecessary things, packing, losing things, breaking things. Downsizing and upgrading. Ah! It's just a lot to do and not easy or fun.

So; "home is where the heart is". This was inspired from my short trip 'home' last night. A high school friend whom I'm good friends with through MSOE as well, is moving to Chicago for a job offer and last night was his last night in Wisconsin. I got done with work early and decided to go surprise him in Sheb Falls. Celebrating his goodbye, I obviously ran into a BUNCH of SFHS alumni as well. Kids 3-4 years older and younger than me. It was interesting. People I did and didn't talk to in high school. Point is; being around them all brought us right back to high school. Talking about high school memories, high school friends, gossip. Reminiscing is fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm not the same person I was in high school, but that's how I will always be to those people and visa versa. It was an awkward conversation when the question about where do you go to school and what do you do came up. To the world, MSOE is just another college, I'm just another student with an internship, but telling people back home is weird/different.
Sheboygan Falls reminds me of high school. Things I did in high school. It's hard to see it as anything different. I haven't decided if that's good or bad. It is home. But home is always where my family is, which happens to currently be SF.
Okay, I thought way too deep into my 12 hour trip home. It was spontaneous, I like being spontaneous and what a way to start summer.

To answer my moms question as to how finals went, I feel like I was 2 and 2. Two went good and the other 2 might not have been good....and I actually just found out 2 of my grades, and they're good! One of them was one I thought could be bad. yay.

Oh-and I can't explain enough how much I hate Wisconsin weather. This.Is.Killing.Me. Humid, rain, wind, COLD COLD COLD. Not for me, not for me.

Mk, I think I've gotten enough out for today, and I'm so tired, it's been a long weekend/week/semester/winter for me.

xoxo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment