Monday, February 21, 2011

Burr

It's been snowing since yesterday morning. No pretty snow. It started with a slush, where the plows were shoveling a slushy water substance...real effective. And it got cold again. In the 20's. I'm not so happy anymore...

This week is finals week. I had 2 today, none tomorrow. Engineering Economy was kind of hard but I got through it. The other was for epistemology. We were given a study guide of 25 questions and were told 10 of them would be on the final. And sure enough. I'd be fine if I memorized all the answers right but I don't know how well I answered the questions. But that's not why I am angry about this final. Some people were cheating that I saw, they had cheat sheets hidden. I'm still mad about it. I don't know what to do. Tell my professor? But I have no proof.

Okay so I'm watching CNBC about the Mexican drug cartel. It's quite interesting. The cartel from Mexico into the U.S. is more than a 15 million dollar a year operation. They are growing more marijuana than the authorities can destroy. Approximately 12 people are dying a day in relation to the drug war. It's just crazy because the drug war is so powerful. CNBC is saying there is a possibility that the Mexican army is covering for the powerful drug people. The top drug 'king' in Mexico was ranked the 41st wealthiest person in the world in Forbes magazine.
Okay so drug gangs kill people that get in their way so to speak. And the most common way of disposing the bodies after killing is to put the remains in containers filled with acid. Authorities claim they can't identify the bodies. BUT; I watched an episode of Myth Busters which said acid can't get rid of all DNA. Maybe Mexico doesn't have the resources to correctly do it? I don't know. Mexico is dangerous because you could be on the sidewalk and unknowingly be next to a drug dealer who is going to get attacked/killed in a drive by. And the drive by killers will take out everyone near that person.
Anyways, I thought it was interesting.

1 Corinthians 15:33 - "Do not be mislead, bad company corrupts good character."

No comments:

Post a Comment