Thursday, October 28, 2010

60 miles per hour.

What do you think of when you hear 60 mph? Driving down a country road with a speed limit of 55, but going 5 over? The slow people on the high way? 26.8224 meters per second?
Well, most of Wisconsin is thinking that 60 mph describes the wind we've been having. Temperatures plummeted and winds rose early this week. Yet, leaf blowers were still out doing there job (or lack there of) helping the wind blow the leaves around even more, real efficient guys. Garbage was sent flying around Milwaukee. Construction signs now litter the roads from being blown over. Power was cut in parts of Milwaukee. We seem to get a lot of extreme weather here, yet every time we do, everyone and thing is far from prepared. They are still fixing the sink hole that occurred in July. Mold contractors are booked because of water damaged that happened with the same storm. Milwaukee is a mess because of the wind. People around campus are still wearing shorts and T-shirts although temperatures are below 30. Yet, in summer, we all complain how hot it is and how Wisconsin doesn't adjust to the heat. Okay, I'm done. That's my daily weather rant and disappointment in preparation.
I had an accounting test that didn't go well this morning. Great start to my day and weekend :(
Got some inches chopped off my hair today. Feels like a ton to me, but no one's even noticed. Thanks friends?
On to another important topic. Me, emotion filled Berea Janzen. I have a friend who deals with anger issues, I'm not sure what kind. Depression/ Bipolar....I'm not sure. But deffinately something. I've tried for so long to not let it affect me, but lately it has REALLY been bothering me. Everyone that knows me well could probably agree I don't hide my emotions. Why should I? Okay, but I'm usually a very happy, motivated person. On occasion, things make me angry, upset, sad, whatever, but I don't hold on to those feelings because it doesn't make me a happy person. Okay, so this friend has really been bringing me down. I understand she might not be able to control her feelings (I mean, I don't understand why, but I understand she can't) but there's no need for me to get dragged down with her. I HATE my friends being sad or angry just as much as I hate being sad and angry. So I'm usually good at listening and trying to work through their emotions. But this specific person won't talk to me or open up or tell me anything, which Berea Janzen does not understand. I'm your friend, TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON. If you can't talk to me, how am I a friend? I realize I am more open about my emotions and feelings than most people and I don't expect you to be like that, but just tell me what's bothering you. I really don't know what to do about it anymore. She has said that it's nothing that I've done wrong to make her in those moods, but that's how she makes me feel. What if she IS mad at me but isn't telling me, I have no idea. It hurts me to see her like this and hurts me even more that I am being brought down to that level because of how cranky I've been lately. I don't know what to say to her because I feel like everything I say makes it worse. I've never been in this situation.
Life and especially high school/college is too short to be angry about people and things. Negative things don't belong in my life. I need to have the time of my life so I can grow up. I am a happy person.
Breathe.
Thanks for listening to me. This blog therapy really helps me vent. I don't always need to have someone tell me advice because the best advice is finding out on my own. Live and learn my dad always says. So that's what I shall do.

Proverbs 17:22 - "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."

No comments:

Post a Comment