Monday, April 12, 2010

Thanks :)

I have a lot to be thankful for and that's what I'm dedicating this post to.
Maybe that's why I ALWAYS get in trouble for breaking the rules, because I truly have so many things to be thankful for that I completely take for granted and don't pay attention to.

I'm thankful for my parents. For the money they've blessed me with, the things they've bought me, the awesome food they cook, the life lessons they've taught me, how they've raised me, and really the list goes on...

I thank God for giving me beauty. I'm not a girl to flaunt what I have or brag about it or think I'm better than anyone for what God has given me. It's a blessing that maybe I don't deserve but am NO DOUBT thankful for. :)
....AND BRAINS. School might not be easy for me, but I think the challenge is what makes me smart. My willingness to learn and strong will to understand. I can connect the dots and put 2 and 2 together.

I am thankful for being cultured. I have traveled and experienced many different societies, cultures, towns, states as to be unbelievable for my age. I understand how busy New York City is, how relaxed Cali is, how cold Wisconsin is, how southern Kansas is, and a lot of in between. I have friends from all over the United States and like hearing their stories and background. Makes me appreciate what I have because many other states don't and visa versa.

I'm thankful for friends. Particularly the friends in my life who have accepted me. I was NOT born in raised in the same house my whole life or even the same town, city, or state which made my childhood extremely difficult I think. I've looked back and realized how much I was "bullied" as a kid and how hard it was for me. The nights I spent crying, feeling worthless, hated, different, or like something was wrong with me. So I thank the people in my life who befriended me and have made me feel good about myself. Mostly to my friends from Sheboygan Falls. I'm not a perfect child and I know not everyone likes me, but for some reason I finally felt like I fit in in Falls.

I'm thankful for my kitties (past and present). Although I all to often wish I was a cat and could just eat, sleep, play, and purr all day, I'm glad I could give a nice home to the four cats I've had throughout my life. RIP: Whiskers, Purr, and Tiger.

I thank my roommate for the job I have and that I have a job. My roommate got me my current job. Therefore, I have income and two wonderful bosses. One boss that brings me food because I don't get home cooked food here at school.

I thank my brother for being my role model. He may not know it (until now) but I truly look up to him. How much he runs motivates me to workout, because if he is doing all that, I can't stand to think I'm being lazy or out of shape. That he is an avid climber, camper, etc. An "extreme" extra curricular activity that he's been dedicated to even though we grew up in the flattest part of America, he still found something that not everyone does. His uniqueness. I think it's awesome that he's been able to experience different parts of the U.S. on his own. I don't have ambition to move around, leave friends, family, so I look up to the fact he can be that strong. P.S. Isaiah if you're reading this, hang in there, you know you always have family to support you and love you :).

I'm thankful for my communication skills. I've always kind of liked writing, for school or fun. I've come out of my shell and been able to talk to adults a little easier recently although it's been a struggle for me. My ability to talk in front of crowds. It makes me nervous, no doubt, but gives me a kind of adrenaline I love.

I'm thankful for adrenaline. Dancing in high school gave me the best feeling ever. Every performance was exhilarating, but I loved it. Being in front of people, doing what I loved, embarassing myself sometimes and showing off my talent other times. Back to adrenaline, I've always liked rollercoasters. The feeling of my stomach coming through my throat or the risk that something may go wrong with the roller coaster, but most likely wouldn't. Adrenaline. I can't wait to skydive some day. I loved backpacking when I was 13. In the Rocky mountains with no parents, no immediate exit, bears, snakes, whatever else. Dehydrating and throwing up at 13,000 feet isn't something most kids experience, I don't regret it, I loved it.

Thanks to everyone who has given me support. Mainly my parents, extended family, friends, teachers/professors, coaches, bosses, adults. Financial, emotional, spiritual, etc.

I could honestly go on with things I'm thankful for. My common sense, morals, ability, flexibility, support. The longer I think, the more things I think of.
If I have left anything out, don't think I'm not thankful for it.

I think enough about deadlines and things I'm not doing right or things I wish I had that I needed to reminisce on everything I have and am glad for.

Again, thanks everyone!
Have a good week.
xoxo Berea

1 comment:

  1. Thank you too! Sometimes when I am feeling selfish, underprivileged, or taking things for granted I count out 50 or even 100 things that I am thankful for. It's actually pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete