Tuesday, February 23, 2010

11th and Final week

FINALS WEEK!

Started off exciting, with no final on Monday. Yay, slept in, felt great.
But lets rewind 24 hours because Sunday was also exciting....

Myself and my two current roommates are looking for a place to live next year off campus, we've had enough of the dorms...So we toured a place on Sunday that seemed to be what we were looking for. 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, kitchen with dishwasher!, washer/dryer in unit, office, living room, close to campus. We had made a list of things we wanted a few months back and surprisingly, the place we looked at marked off everything on the list, besides being a penthouse like I wanted. (Haha, just joking!!) Also, the price of this place was very good compared to other places we'd seen for the quality/quantity. We are handing in our applications very soon to hopefully be able to be approved and get the place by May/June. Needless to say, we are all very excited!! Pray everything works out the way it's supposed to.

Today brought some more excitement.
My friend and I who are currently unemployed spent the majority of our afternoon applying for more jobs downtown Milwaukee, mainly restaurant type jobs. We seem to be in the awkward stage....early enough to start freaking out we might be living in Milwaukee over the summer jobless but not quite time that companies are thinking about extra summer help and how many positions they will need filled. Hopefully I made an impression somewhere.
Getting back from job hunting, I get a call from my roommate. She works at the bookstore on campus and had told me last week sometime, they were unexpectedly needing another person to work at the bookstore. I got a little excited, but not too much, because I've been let down numerous times coming close to getting a job, then falling through. Anyways, she said her boss wanted to talk to me ASAP so I, of course, sprinted to the bookstore to be greeted by my roommate happily introducing me to her boss. Two questions later she asked when I could start training. So good news: YES! I have a job at least for the next 11 weeks. :) Details to come later.

So this week is finals week and I have my IE203 (probability and statistics in Industrial Engineering) final tomorrow. Bring it on.

xoxo
busy Berea

No comments:

Post a Comment