Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Predicting the Unexpected

So it is 32 degrees out and we have maybe an inch of snow. This is far from the teen temperatures and foot of snow that was expected. I'm not sad that it isn't freezing, I'm not sad we don't have a foot of snow, I'm sad I prepared myself for something that isn't going to happen. I hate being let down, and I try not to let other people down.

Although the weather people have pretty accurate ways of predicting the weather and can get close to what will actually happen, weather can be VERY unpredictable. On this side of town, it's barely snowing, on the other side of Milwaukee it's blizzarding. An hour north and an hour west of milwaukee, they have 1/2 a foot of snow. So unless I have my own personal weather forecaster that can tell me what the weather would be like on my street, I might always be let down by the forecast...

For good news, I only have one class tomorrow, so I'm not at all dissapointed we won't be having a snow day because I basically have one anyways.

I did a good job studying tonight. I have a hard time studying sometimes. Too many distractions or no motivation, or I convince myself I can't do it. I sat down with my "tutor" and got a lot done. It felt good to see accomplishment, it's good to have nights like these because I sleep better. Not worrying I forgot to do something because I didn't do much...

Well that's all I've got for tonight. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment