Monday, December 7, 2009

December

Hi all,

Once again, it's been a while since the last time you've heard from me. I'm starting the second week of my second trimester. (Side note: the college I'm attending has 3 semesters per year, not 2, so they are called trimesters.) First week went pretty well. I have a good schedule and my classes are falling in to place and gaining speed...I am taking IE203 which is Applications of Statistics in Industrial Engineering, ME205- Statics, not to be confused with Statistics, Calc 3, and HU4200 which is Linguistics. Language fascinates me, so the class is pretty interesting. Although Statics class scares me a lot, I think I have a pretty cool professor. He was corporate Vice President at the company Generac for many years and is now retired and "giving back" as a professor at MSOE. I have 31 people in my class and I think 26 are taking it for their second time. As one of the 5 people taking it for my first time, I am a little scared!

For other news, there is a blood drive on campus tomorrow, I'm going to try donating for my 9th time?...I've only been able to do it once. I always have low iron levels. I'm eating peanut butter right now actually.

It is snowing a little bit right now, but it's not sticking. We are supposed to have a big snow storm tomorrow night or something. I think I'll believe it when i see it though. Snow is always nice for a week or two but it would be nicer if it took a week or two to melt. Or if we could have snow when it was 80 degrees out, that would be sweet :)

1 comment:

  1. In statics all the forces balance out to zero because nothing is moving. That's the basics.

    ReplyDelete