Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Jaw hurts

Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome.

It's what I have.

I'm sure you've heard about it, but don't really know what it is. In basic terms, my jaw is displaced and causes a clicking sound. Sure, it is more complicated than that, but I do not even fully understand it. I know that I grind my teeth at night. Grinding your teeth is like applying 250 pounds of force per square inch. Since your teeth are very strong bones, you can imagine the amount of force this is. And it isn't good at all for your jaw, muscles, bones, etc. So step 1; I have a retainer I wear at night. It is just a piece of plastic I grind into instead of grinding my teeth together, it greatly reduced the force. Whatever the case my jaw really hurts today.

Anyways, I am actually done with my first semester of sophomore year. I had finals this past week. It feels good to relax :) I miss my college friends though. There isn't anything to do at home anymore...

Well stay posted, since I'm not in school right now I'll have more time to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment