Sunday, September 13, 2009

Add it to the list.

I dred getting old for the simple fact that I'm only 19 and already have fragile bones. At 11 years old, I broke my first bone. My middle finger on my left hand. This happened when I was jumping on a trampoline with a guy that was quite larger than me and he landed on my hand and turned out I broke my finger and had a cast. Then when I was about 12 or 13 I broke my right arm in multiple places from doing a back hand spring in my basement. It doesn't end there. When I was about 15 I tore my MCL from downhill skiing and had a knee brace for quite a few months. When I was about 16 I injured my back in dance and had an MRI but they didn't find anything. It still occasionally hurts so I'm convinced there's something wrong with it, but not as bad as it could be. I am now 19 and I broke my wrist 2 days ago. I was raised with parents that looked out for me very well and made sure when I rode my bike I always wore my helmet and likewise when I went rollerblading, I didn't leave without my wristgaurds. Well, a couple days ago I go rollerblading with my friend who is not as experienced with rollerblading, so I gave her my wrist gaurds.....of COURSE, the time I'm not being careful, I fall flat on my back. My wrist was a little sore right away but I figured that pain was temporary. Well hours later when I couldn't even pull up my pants, I knew something was wrong. I went to the doctor yesterday and they did x-rays and the such to find I did indeed break my wrist. It's a buckle fracture so the doctor gave me a removable splint because it should heal faster than a normal break. Just thought I'd give you my life history of injuries.

Well I have some homework I need to do before "the game" tonight. (Packers vs. Bears) Apparently it's a big deal to everyone up here in the frozen tundra....ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment