Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Nights

So I sit here in my room, another night of all my friends ditching out because of the need to start their work day so early. Do I regret not getting a 9-5 job so I can be just like them? Have no life during the weekdays and spend my weekends simply re-cooperating just to start the process all over? Or am I glad I have a night job that doesn't require me pulling myself out of bed early every morning and starting the day off cranky? I'd have to say I have mixed feelings. Although, with me, what is new? I can never say I'm just happy, or just sad. Ever since I was 14 I've had so many feelings. (Haha, family joke.) Anyways, it's sad I don't have a single friend that could take off one day to spend shopping with me or chill at the beach. Maybe it's just me. People making excuses so they don't have to spend time with me. Hm, in that case, watching re-runs and getting fat by continuously cooking food all day will have to suffice.

I have to say this summer has been a real changing point in my life thus far. The realization that high school was such a short period of so many memories that will never come again. I can't say I miss the foolishness or the childish characters we were, but the carefree-ness of being a bit more risky or willing to stay out late even if we had to be up super early the next day. I definitely miss the days of being supported by our parents and not having jobs, so we were all free all the time. I know it's stupid to miss things or bask in the past, but it's my blog and that's how I've been feeling lately. I work with the cards I'm dealt. I try to schedule around work and find times to see people or plan events, but it seems so tough to even try sometimes. Enough of that. I just needed to vent enough that hopefully someone might read this and realize we're still young and have time to be foolish a bit longer.

On to other news. I haven't really talked much about this on my side, but the issue of my brother being in Pakistan I think about almost every day. To answer your first question, no he's not in the military, he is in Pakistan purely by choice. He had planned and trained for a very long time to take time after completing his masters for a trip overseas. He is what I would call an avid backpacker, climber, camper, hiker, runner. So he planned to take this summer to go climb a mountain more comparative to Everest than anything we could relate to in the States. Therefore, he is on a trek to climb Broad Peak. Broad Peak is the 12th tallest mountain in the world standing at 8,051 meters (aka 26,414 ft.) He is with about 12 other people in hopes of summiting and according to what Isaiah (my brother) has said, almost all of the people he is with have climbed Mt. Everest. So anyways, as excited as I am for my brother to be accomplishing such an outrageous challenge, I still worry and think about him a lot. If you want to read more, I would check out his blog which I have been updating while he is away. Click here for access.

On that note I will say goodnight.

One more thing-
I never know what to talk about on here so if you have suggestions or want to hear me talk about more "happy" things, let me know. I would gladly update you on things in my life I haven't been talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment